Refresh this page when the countdown reaches zero!
Transformative Action for Nature and People
High level event on showcasing action to protect, conserve, sustainably use and restore nature and close the finance gap.
At this high-level event in the margins of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly government leaders and partners will present transformative initiatives, policies and financing to halt and reverse biodiversity loss by 2030. These actions will demonstrate that protecting, conserving, sustainably using, and restoring nature can deliver multiple co-benefits for nature, climate, and sustainable development. The actions showcased will prove transformative action for nature is viable and urgent.
To garner Leaders' Commitments and showcase specific and transformative actions with a whole of government approach, from a wide range of Heads of State and Government and leaders of private sector, civil society, IPLCs and other relevant stakeholders to protect, conserve, sustainably use and restore nature to mobilize the necessary means of implementation.
To rally political and financial momentum for nature and motivate other countries and actors towards ambitious nature positive actions for biodiversity and people.
Hosts and Co-sponsors
The initiative goes out from a cross regional group of countries from Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas including Antigua & Barbuda, AOSIS, Belgium, Bhutan, Colombia, Costa Rica, EU, France, Gabon, UK, Vietnam as well as their partners: Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), National Geographic & Campaign for Nature, Nature 4 Life Hub, Planetary Emergency Partnership, UNEP, UNDP, World Wide Fund for Nature WWF.
- Opening and setting the scene from High Level UN officials and Heads of State and Government of co-hosts
- Live Interactive Leaders’ Panel 1: on Transformative actions to conserve, sustainably use, restore and mainstream biodiversity featuring at least three Heads of State and Government, an IPLC leader and a CSO leader
- Statements from leads of UN Conventions (UNFCCC, UNCCD, UNCBD) – TBC
- Live Interactive Leaders’ Panel 2: on Financing a Nature Positive World featuring at least two Heads of State and Government, and major financial announcements
- Inspiring video
- Series of statements from Heads of State and Government & non state actor leaders focused on transformative actions
- Inspiring video
- Closing from High Level UN officials and Heads of State and Government of co-hosts
Be Part of the
Spread the word, share with your colleagues, your friends and the world the good news: The #NatureForLife Hub just launched!
Don't know how? Here's some help:
Share the good news: The Nature for Life Hub has launched!
It's time to launch a decade of hope for nature and humanity. This year's #NatureforLife Hub will bring together organizations, leaders, institutions and government to pledge commitments to transform our relationship with nature. Tune in October 4-6 2021➡️ www.natureforlifehub.org