This product was developed under the NDC Support Programme with generous funding from the governments of Germany, Spain and the European Union as a contribution to the NDC Partnership. It is also supported by the Climate Finance Network through the Governance of Climate Change Finance with funding from the government of Sweden.
Duration: 6 modules
Partners: United Nations Development Programme
2021 is a pivotal year for climate and sustainable development as we enter the last decade for fulfilling the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) pledges that have a 2030 implementation horizon.
Accelerating action on the SDGs and the NDCs will require redirecting public and private investments and tapping into additional and innovative financing mechanisms, such as Green Bonds.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is offering a FREE course on Green Bonds. This course details out all the latest developments in the Green Bond market, different taxonomy and classification systems, and the lifecycle of a Green Bond issuance - Pre-issuance considerations, Issuance and Post-issuance considerations.
About the course
This course raises awareness about how opportunities offered by innovative financing mechanisms, particularly Green Bonds, can be leveraged to meet the SDG and NDC targets.
Course highlights and outcomes
- Learn about the landscape of green finance in general and Green Bonds in particular
- Build knowledge on the Green Bond issuance process and its requirements
- Understand the opportunities offered by Green Bonds to meet the SDG and NDC targets
- Receive a certificate of completion
After you complete the course, you will be able to:
- Define green finance and identify different enabling drivers of green finance
- Explain Green Bonds and different types of thematic bonds
- Understand the benefits of sovereign Green Bond issuance
- Understand International Green Bond regulatory framework and taxonomies and classification systems used globally
- Assess the factors that sovereign bond issuers should consider before issuing a Green Bond
- Apply the different steps for the preparation of a Green Bond Framework (GBF)
- Possess the knowledge of key steps involved in the issuance process
- Distinguish between allocation and impact reporting
- Understand different sector-specific impact indicators
- Module 1: Overview of Green Finance
- Module 2: Synopsis of Global Green Bond Market
- Module 3: Pre-Issuance Considerations – Part I
- Module 4: Pre-Issuance Considerations – Part II
- Module 5: The Issuance Process
- Module 6: Impact Reporting and Post-Issuance Management
Course completion requirements
To receive the certificate of course completion, participants must:
- Review all online lessons
- Pass all quizzes
- Complete the course survey
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.