|Languages: EN||Estimated effort: 45 min/activity|
|Course type: Self-paced e-learning module||Partners: UNDP, NBSAP Forum, GEF, CBD, UNEP|
In this topic, we present a step-by-step process of assessing the values of ecosystem services to society, and developing mechanisms for integrating this value into development plans and resource sectors. Case studies are provided to help illustrate the process.
Each activity within this module takes about 45 minutes to complete. However, you can freely move about the content to shape your personal learning experience based on your interests and needs. Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the main steps in the process of assessing the values of ecosystem services
- Identify the linkages between key national goals and ecosystem services
- Understand what drives vicious and virtuous cycles in ecosystem services
- Identify key stakeholders and understand when and how to engage them
- Explain why it is important to assess costs and benefits over time
Course Completion Requirements
Please note that to receive the course completion certificate you must complete the two activities under “Check for Understanding” and the course survey.