Contact course coordinator FAQs
Peace Park Development and Management focuses on building the the skills needed to make a strong case for Peace Park establishment, providing you with the guidelines to effectively plan, manage and monitor a Peace Park. You will learn ways to address the challenges associated with the creation and management of a Peace Park and explore solutions that work through insights from projects currently taking place on the ground. This course is aimed at Peace Park development practitioners and environmental peacebuilding enthusiasts but is open to everyone. The course is hosted by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in partnership with the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, its Peace and Biodiversity Dialogue Initiative, the United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) and the NBSAP Forum. Financial support is provided by the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity’s Peace and Biodiversity Dialogue Initiative funded by the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Korea.
- Gain skills to address on-the-ground realities of Peace Park development and management
- Dive into rich learning materials
- Receive a certificate of completion from premier development institutions
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Peace Parks
- Developing and Managing Peace Parks
- Challenges and Lessons Learned
By the time the course is completed, you will be able to:
- Make a strong case for Peace Park establishment
- Identify the key planning stages for establishing a Peace Park
- Develop an effective Peace Park management plan given your particular context
- Address the challenges associated with the creation and management of Peace Parks
Course completion requirements:
In order to receive the certificate of course completion, participants must:
- Review three lessons
- Complete three weekly quizzes with a score of 60% or higher
- Complete the course survey
The course room also contains optional components, such as video lectures, webinar recordings, and discussion forums. In order for our site to issue the certificate, all the activities must be marked with green checkmarks, including the optional ones. For the checkmarks to appear next to the optional components, you must open each tab. Once each activity in your course room contains a green checkmark, the certificate will be automatically generated and will be available for download in PDF format directly from the course room.
Click Enroll to register and view the course content. If you have any questions, please contact us email@example.com.
The content of this self-paced e-learning module was used during the Massive Open Online Course “Peace Park Development and Management”, which took place on 4-22 February 2019.