Over the last four generations, humanity has made great strides in global development. At the same time, we have witnessed unprecedented levels of water and food crises, natural disasters, interstate conflict, social instability, involuntary migration, climate change, and many other threats that have led us to a state of planetary emergency. Nature-based solutions offer a pathway for reversing the loss and degradation of ecosystems and biodiversity.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is pleased to offer a FREE micro-course on “Nature-based solutions for sustainable development.”
This short course aims to introduce you to nature-based solutions for water, climate change, and livelihoods, and inspire you to apply and promote them in your context.
By the time you complete this micro-course, you will be able to:
- Define nature-based solutions
- Identify examples of nature-based solutions and understand their contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Identify the starting point for integrating nature-based solutions into national water plans
- Understand how nature-based solutions can improve countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- Utilize case study examples from multiple countries as context for your work
- Lesson 1: Introduction to nature-based solutions
- Lesson 2: Nature-based solutions and water
- Lesson 3: Nature-based solutions and climate change
Course completion requirements
To receive the certificate of course completion, participants must:
- Complete three online lessons
- Pass three quizzes
- Complete the course survey
Certificates of completion
In order for our site to issue the certificate, all the activities must be marked with green checkmarks. Once each activity in your course room contains a green checkmark, the certificate will be automatically generated and will become available for download in PDF format directly from this page.
Certificates of completion only indicate the completion of the training. They do not imply proficiency on the subject matter, nor should they be seen as a professional certification.