Contact course coordinator Course syllabus FAQs
Do you want to grasp new business opportunities in the field of productive, circular and sharing economies? Are you interested in addressing environmental challenges by selling a green product or service and creating green jobs in your country? Would you like to create and launch an innovative business model that creates environmental and social value?
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Convention on Biological Diversity, EcoEnterprises Fund, Fordham University's Gabelli School of Business, Lehigh University, Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production, SEED, and The GEF Small Grants Programme joined forces to offer you this self-paced course on Green Entrepreneurship.
Drawing on the training methodology developed by the Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC) of the UNEP/Mediterranean Action Plan, within the framework of the EU-funded SwitchMed project, the Handbook for Green Entrepreneurs “Create your Green Business,” this course will guide you through your green entrepreneur journey, from defining your idea to the commercialisation of products and services.
Course highlights and outcomes
- Gain the skills needed to turn environmental challenges into green business opportunities
- Join the community of green entrepreneurs
- Take a deep dive into rich learning materials
- Receive a certificate of completion from premier development institutions
By the time the course is completed, you will be able to:
- Define your green business idea
- Understand your market and define your value proposition
- Outline all the tasks and resources needed to generate, innovate, and manage the value delivered to customers
- Create a financial and management plan for your business
- Deliver an ‘elevator’ pitch to potential investors and customers
The course will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction to Green Entrepreneurship and Sketching Out Your Green Business Idea
- Module 2: Making a Positive Impact with Your Green Business Idea
- Module 3: Identifying Your Customers and Stakeholders
- Module 4: Putting Your Green Business Model into Context
- Module 5: Financing Your Green Business Idea
- Module 6: Managing, Scaling Up and Communicating Your Green Business Idea
Course completion requirements
To receive the certificate of course completion, participants must complete:
- All online lessons
- All quizzes
- The course survey
If you have any questions, please contact the Learning for Nature team at email@example.com.