Do you need to make a stronger case for amplifying women’s voices in mining governance? Do you want to become more skilled at evaluating the impact of mining projects on communities, with a particular emphasis on women? Are you looking for recommendations on eliminating gender-based violence in mining operations and mining-affected communities? Are you interested in promoting or increasing investment in gender equality in mining governance, and not sure where to start?
United Nations Development Programme, Environmental Governance Programme, and Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development are pleased to offer a FREE self-paced course on Gender and Mining Governance. This four-module course in English, French, and Spanish compiles research from leading institutions in the industry to build awareness and skills in regards to gender governance in the mining industry.
Course highlights and outcomes
- Gain the skills to build a strong case for strengthening women’s engagement in mining governance
- Join the community-of-practice committed to increasing women’s meaningful engagement in mining projects
- Take a deep dive into rich learning materials
- Receive a certificate of completion from the course partners
By the time the course is completed, you will be able to:
- Understand and evaluate the impact of mining projects on communities, with a particular emphasis on projects’ impact on women
- Assess the importance and benefits of women’s participation and engagement in mining projects for communities, companies and governments
- Outline the measures you can take to effectively eliminate gender-based violence in mining operations and mining-affected communities
- Understand how investment in gender in mining governance can lead to stable and resilient communities
The course will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction to Gender and Mining Governance
- Module 2: Women's participation in decision-making in the mining sector
- Module 3: Gender-based violence in the mining sector
- Module 4: Investment in gender in mining governance
Course completion requirements
To receive the certificate of course completion, participants must:
- Complete four online lessons
- Pass four quizzes
- Listen to all course lectures
- Complete the course survey
If you have any questions, please contact the Learning for Nature team at firstname.lastname@example.org.